Wednesday, September 22, 2010

New Bumps in the Road

My husband examines the prescription box.  He queries, "Did you see the name on the box?  They gave her a middle initial - Lady K Ferris"

"The "K" - stands for K-9."

Lady has lost approximately 25 pounds since early June.  We took her to the vet and he drew blood for tests.  They came back - she has diabetes.  It worries me for a number of reasons.  It has been a little over 8 years since I last gave a shot.  My dog, Corduroy developed diabetes.  Her last three years were very difficult.  I still miss her.  

The financial aspect of this disease adds to our financial difficulties.  Like many families we are struggling financially.  Dan has had medical problems that have kept him from working  or the last year and a half as a truck driver.  So we have been living on my salary.  Ah we must move forward and meet the challenges that come are way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment.