I am still savoring the compliment that Linda at Teacher Dance paid to me by giving me the Versatile Blogger Award. One of the important parts of this award is sharing the award with other bloggers who have influenced and inspired me by
- Thanking the person who nominated me and providing a link back to their blog
- Sharing seven bits of information about myself
- Passing this award along to 15 other blogs that I have discovered
I enjoy reading Teacher Dance and I am always delighted when I see her name among the comments. I enjoy reading her comments and insights to my posts.
Seven facts about me.
- I am a librarian in Billings, Montana.
- When I married my husband I gained a son, a daughter, and a granddaughter. Now I also have a daughter-in-law.
- My husband and I have 4 dogs. Max a Boxer cross (10); Lady a chocolate lab (10); Sammi a Great Dane/Lab cross (6); Baby a Black Lab(2)
- In May I bought a Canon Powershot SX130 (12x point and shoot). As of this weekend I have taken 3832 pictures.
- I love learning about technology - I get excited about new websites and ideas.
- This school year finds me at two new schools. One is an elementary school (4.5 days) and the other is a Middle School (.5 days). I love them both even though I miss my students and co-workers from my old school.
- I am a voracious reader.
15 Bloggers that Influence and Inspire me.
This is the most challenging - there are soooo many. I am listing them in random order.
- Gardening With Wyatt I love the pictures of Wyatt and the stories of his antics.
- Living In the Shadow of Alzheimer's Sheri writes from the heart her observation about how Al affects her husband Bob
- The Book Chook An Australian blogger I met through my first PLN (personal learning network)
- Free Technology for Teachers He shares lots of new technology that has classroom application
- ilearntechnology This gal makes me tired just thinking about all she does. I have learned lots about Personal Learning Networks (PLN) and technology from her.
- Teach Writing Right by Corbett Harrison - he is an amazing online contributor - he not only teaches he writes and maintains WritingFix - for the Nevada Writing Project. Plus he provides wonderful training material for using writing in the classroom.
- Kat Eye View of the World this is a recent find. She writes and teaches about exploring with a camera. She is truly an artist.
- Kevin's Meandering Mind - I have found wonderful ideas for using mentor texts with students.
- EFL 2.0 Teacher Talk This is an amazing blog/site/ning David is generous with his knowledge and time. He was one of the first to encourage my writing. I found his site when I was looking for educational games to adapt for the library. His site focuses on English as a Foreign Language, I have found lots of treasures for my classroom.
- Poem Farm I love all the ways she connects poetry in the classroom. I have gained some wonderful ideas.
- Montana History Revealed I have a soft spot for the Montana Historical staff. Over the years they have helped me with lots of research. This blog always has something off the beaten track.
- Katie's Literature Lounge As a librarian I am always looking for new books. Katie shares many books for young readers.
- EDge21 I love the catch of the day I have found many tools that I have experimented with.
- American Indians in Children's Literature Debbie Reese tackles issues like the "mascot controversy. She often makes the reader uncomfortable as she points out bias and stereotypes in contemporary and historic literature. Very thought provoking.
- History is Elementary Great resources and background to use in the classroom and for anyone with an interest in history.
Blogging has helped me be a part of a greater community of learners, of dreamers and doers. I hope you will enjoy these sites. Linda, thank you again for the Versatile Blogger Award Nomination. I feel very humbled. These bloggers that I have nominated have inspired me, challenged me, and encouraged me. I believe that readers and their comments make for thought provoking conversations. I have become a better writer because of my readers. Thank you.