Saturday, August 28, 2010

Baby Fritzy and the Varmint

Last year my granddaughter was given 2 guinea pigs.  Recently one died and so we were going to bring another one to her when we made the trip to Miles City.  Since I was getting my classroom ready for the start of the new year I gave my husband the task of finding a guinea pig.
He checked at one of the pet shops they wanted $35.00 and had the gender we were looking for.  Then he noticed that our local animal shelter had two guinea pigs. They had been brought in by different families.  We adopted one for $10.00 and proceeded to bring him home.
I took him out when we got home.  Sammi immediately went into staring mode.  Max and Lady were "Ho Hum" now what? Baby Fritzy immediately started licking her chops.  She came towards me and the guinea pig immediately started fearful chatting.  I responded with a firm "No".
Baby just looked at me with puzzlement and confusion.  She was sure she had misunderstood. Surely we meant for her to have the varmint for dinner.  Deciding she had misunderstood me she came back and tried to take a bite, she connected with my hand.  The fearful chirping was fast as the guinea pig seemed to be saying"Grandma what big teeth you have", as she looked into the open mouth of Baby.  I pushed Baby away with my foot and said "No".  
Baby Fritzy looked at me with incredulity.  She couldn't believe I was serious about denying her this tantalizing morsel.  Dan told Baby that she couldn't eat the "little fellow".  She could sniff it and give it a lick but couldn't eat it.  She gave him a disgusted look and came up to me sniffed the critter and gave him a gentle lick.  Then sat down on her haunches and licked her chops in anticipation.
I put the guinea pig into a crate.  Sammi and Baby Fritzy stared at the guinea pig for hours.  The next morning I loaded the crate in our vehicle and came back into the house.  Baby was sniffing furiously - searching for the missing varmint.
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. Passing through from the blog hop. Pleased to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I found you. ;) The s in the middle of your url got left out so I couldn't find you, but finally did. :) (I suspect I have a few comments out there with the same thing :) ) Thank you again for the sweet comment at SandwichINK. Very wise advice! Have a blessed day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by.Two of the dogs are trying to help me type right now,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Baby Fritzy, Sammi, Max and Lady-

    Thank you for the great biscuit recipe. We posted the recipe and a picture of your cute doggie faces today 9/8/10. Come on over and see how cute you look!

    Wyatt and Stanzie

    P.S. We could never have a guinea pig...hehe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment.