Friday, January 14, 2011

Deal Me In

 I have always like C. M. Coolidge's prints of dogs playing poker.  I've always wondered what inspired him to paint this whimsical scene.
Last week Dan, Tom, and I were playing cards at the kitchen table. We had been laughing quite a bit when Baby Fritzy came over. She is extremely curious and very social. She stood up and balanced against the table, trying to figure out what was going on.
Dan had just dealt the cards. Tom looked at Baby Fritzy and commented, "Do you want to play cards?"
Baby Fritzy looked at Dan and myself, then started to pull the cards towards her with her paw. We all broke into laughter. She looked perplexed and got down.
I wonder what type of card game she would like to learn how to play?  Maybe there is a poker game in her future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment.