Montana State Reading Conference starts. I am excited and nervous. The Montana State Reading Council has done an awesome job. We have some wonderful presenters coming. Just look at our line up below. Midland Empire Reading Council - MERC, is the Billings local reading council - has been busy helping.
- James Dashner (Maze Runner, Scorched Trials)
- Anne Isaacs - (Swamp Angel, Torn Thread)
- Dr Terrell Young (Happily Ever After: Sharing Folk Literature With Elementary and Middle School Students)
- Linda Rief - 100 Quick Writes & author/co-editor of 5 Heinemann titles
- Sneed Collard III (Miles City Bucking Horse Sale, Shep, The Hangman's Gold)
- Eugene Gagliano (C is for Cowboy; My Teacher Dances on the Desk)
- Zac Pullen - Illustrator
- Steve Gardiner - Building Student Literacy through Sustained Silent Reading
- Curt Layman - First Time published author - Christmas Cheese
Did I mention that Zac Pullen is going to be here. His illustrations capture such nuances of the characters. I hope you check out his website and blog. (If you click on his name above I have linked it to his page).
Members of the MERC board will also be presenting at the conference. Check out their sessions.
- Book It With a Buddy
- Thinking Like a Historian: Using Digital Newspapers in the Classroom
- NaNoWriMo--Challenging Young Writers
- Read Like a Writer: Work with Mentor Texts
I have been looking at the schedule and picked out several I REALLY want to go to! Rats several are at the same time I'm presenting. Come and enjoy the wonderful presentations. Hmm I wonder if anyone would notice if I skipped out and went to one of the others instead?
MERC - President