Friday, March 3, 2017

Dangerous Thoughts



The theme for Montana's National History Day this year is "Taking A Stand in History".  As I ponder this quote I think of all the women who fought for suffrage.  People like Susan B. Anthony, Alice Paul, Hazel Hunkins, a Billings, MT suffragist.  And men and women like you and me.   They took a stand.

Yes I said "men", I wasn't muttering.  One organization was the "Men's League for Women's Suffrage".  Wellington Rankin was a member of Montana's League for Women's Suffrage.  (Clue he had an older sister named Jeanette.)  He took a stand.

The James Madison award is given each year to the individual or group, who have championed, protected and promoted public access to government information and the public's right to know at the national level. The award is given by the American Library Association. Yesterday they announced the 2017 winner - Montana Senator Jon Tester.  He will receive the award March 15, 2017 at the Newseum in Washington, DC.

Senator Tester took a stand.

Tell me about a person you believe took a stand.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment.