Sunday, March 15, 2015

#15, It's Toe tapping Time

What do I write about.  My mind seems to hover outside myself.  Not upset, not worried. Just not interested.  My usual pleasures don't speak to this mind.  Even reading doesn't hold long.

I am outside looking in.  Interested, not excited. hovering, watching, waiting.

I hear the dogs barking in the distance.  Tank must have found one of the squirrels.   Wait - it was a dog strolling by.

Watching, waiting, tired, no energy.   I feel weary.

I have been here before.  Watching, waiting, weary.

Eventually, time passes and I will resurface, I will re-connect to friends and family.   My body and mind will again try and find a working partnership.  

Years ago a mentor told me this is toe tapping time.

I asked, "What's toe tapping time?"

She, "It's when your soul knows you are waiting for what's next.  It's not here yet.  You have to wait.  It's toe tapping time."

This time, in my here and now, I wonder, I wait, I watch.  Yes it's toe tapping time.

3 comments:

  1. captaincaptainkeithMarch 15, 2015 at 11:07 AM

    The short sentences in your piece really added to the depth of this dilemma. I think I'll always remember toe tapping time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have all experienced toe tapping time and it's frustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deconstructing a piece of writing always interests me. By examining what works and then seeing how it was done. You made some great observations that I had not consciously realized.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment.