Tuesday, March 17, 2015

#17, It's Going Fast.

This past 2 years have been very busy, and they are speeding up.  This afternoon I decided I needed to do some major planning so I didn't miss any deadlines.  I looked at the calendar and counting this week we have 12 weeks left in school.  Where did the time go.

The other day my sister-in-law, her daughter, and grand-daughter were visiting.  Kayla mentioned graduation.  I looked at her and made a very stupid remark, "You're graduating?  When did this happen?"

She looked a little crushed, "Why is everyone surprised I'm graduating?"

"No.   We are wondering how you grew up so quick."  She smiled and I was forgiven my stupid remark.

Our grand-niece is graduating high school.  Our granddaughter is a 5th grader.  It was only yesterday when she was a baby.

Recently I caught a headline that said - Tom Selleck was turning 70?  It doesn't seem possible.  I look at myself and wonder where did the time go?

As a kid I thought being in school for 12 years was FOREVER!  I am now teaching some of my previous students children.  I'm on the 2nd generation of students.   Time keeps flying.

12 weeks of school -  Its going fast.

4 comments:

  1. I so agree with this! My daughter is graduating from college and my son from high school and I ask - where did it go? I love watching them become adults but will miss many of the other things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems the older I get the faster time flies. Now that I am retired, it goes even faster. I no longer recognize the person looking back at me in the mirror. I guessI just won't look anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still hear the voice of the younger me. The image not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it flies. The only thing that makes me feel better is that every my students say it. And my mom used to laugh and say, think of the alternative! Keep going, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment.