Monday, March 2, 2015

A Glimpse

Recently I came across an image of an old fashioned key hole.  In the open space you could see part of a room.  I loved that idea, that image.  It made many connections in my mind.

I am an elementary librarian in Billings, Montana.  My husband and I are pet parents to 3 fur-babies of the canine persuasion.  Max (Boxer cross) 13 years old, Baby a 5 year old black lab, Tank is about 2-1/2 (black lab Dane cross).  They are a little spoiled around the edges.

I like to write and take pictures.  My husband has never met a road that didn't call his name.  So we have traveled many of Montana's back roads.

Recently I have been doing a number of presentations about using primary sources in the classroom. The picture below is from the Library of Congress and was taken in Billings in 1936.  http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/fsa1998019541/PP/


4 comments:

  1. I love images, they are like a peek into someone's life. I am currently using some amazing dust bowl pictures to give insight about the time to 7th graders. Thanks for more perspectives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the photos capture the clothing, transportation, and landscape of the time. I like your inspiration for the post coming from a old fashioned key hole! I have a old family photo of my great grandfather in his grocery store. I could stare at the picture forever just thinking of life in the early 1900's. thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you could write an awesome slice about that photo. All the memories captured and the memories in your heart as you gazed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you looked at the Library of Congress Primary Source sets? They have sets of photos and I believe a new ebook on your topic.

    http://www.loc.gov/teachers/classroommaterials/primarysourcesets/dust-bowl-migration/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment.