Monday, March 7, 2016

5 Minute Free Write Prompt - The Nightmare, SOLSC #7

I came across a post today from 31 days of 5 minute free writes http://katemotaung.com/31-days-2/31-days-of-five-minute-free-writes-link-up-here/ then came upon this writing prompt: Describe a real made-up dream or nightmare.  So today I am going to take the challenge of a 5 minute writing prompt.

"The house was dark as I walked to the back.I searched for the light switch. The strong odor of mice rippled through the air  pummeled me.  I could hear Scurrying feet, cardboard boxes moving.  I found the switch.  Then I saw them. A grey waterfall flowing cascading from the shelves to the floor. Squeaking as they ran for new shelter.  I could hear chirps and scratches among the boxes of food.  "

Hm I thought I would be able to write more in 5 minutes.

Revision:

I groped for the light switch.  The strong odor of mice pummeled me.  Scurrying feet, scratching across cardboard boxes moving shifting.  Finally, I found the switch and flipped it.  Then I saw them. As my eyes adjusted, movement caught my attention.  A grey waterfall cascading from the shelves to the floor.  Squeaking and scratching they ran for shelter.  

   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment.