Wednesday, March 2, 2016

OOPS I Almost Missed the Writing Challenge

This afternoon I was working on my library book order and went to see what Linda at Teacher Dance was reading.  The I saw it - the orange slice.  Realization hit March 2nd!  I'm already late.  Ah well time to start.

This current school year has been busy!  It has been good busy.  I finished my writing on Hazel Hunkins, a suffragist from Billings, MT.  You can find the unit at the Montana Historical Society website  http://mhs.mt.gov/education/women/hazelhunkins    She was an amazing lady.

For the last few months I have been conducting workshops on different topics surrounding Indian Education for All.  4 Saturdays - 3 evenings.  The great thing about the workshops has been researching little known stories and sharing them with other teachers.

My current project is "Luther S. "Yellowstone" Kelly.  Another amazing person who left his mark on Montana.

About December they finished installing Mimio in my library.  I had never had an interactive board.  Our school grew in population and so 1/2 my library became a third grade classroom.  With tighter quarters I needed to change how I teach.  This year I have been using more technology in the classroom.  It is different.  My learning curve has been steep.

This slice is more to get my head in the right place for the challenge.  It snuck up on me and I wasn't prepared!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment.