Saturday, March 26, 2016

Chocolate Bunnies, a Family Comedy in Three Parts

I admit I was unabashedly eavesdropping in the grocery store today.   I was coming down an aisle when I noticed a a family vignette, Papa, 4 year old brother, and sister (probably a 1st grader).  Sister was sitting in the cart.

Sister:  "I don't like the ones with peanut butter."

Brother - grabbing a bunny and putting it in the cart.

Sister - "No that one has peanut butter."

Papa retrieves the box and puts it back on the shelf.

Brother has moved on to another box.  In it goes into the cart.

Sister reads the box and says, " No that one has peanut butter."

Papa picks a bunny from the shelf reads the labels and checks the sale price while retrieving the bunny in the basket.

Brother chooses a different colored box puts it in the basket.  Sister again sees the offending peanut butter on the box.  Sister again vetoes it.

Brother says. "How do I know what it says?"

 Papa takes the box and shows him the picture of a jar of peanut butter.

Then says "This one is for dipping it would work."

Sister firmly states, "I don't want the ones with peanut butter. I want one of the others."

Papa tiring a bit says, "Well what do you expect when your 4 year old brother tries to shop for his sister."

Brother chooses another, Papa grabs it before it reaches the basket.

Papa:  "Buddy, this one has Crispies in it.  You don't like these."

Again the rabbit goes back on the shelf.   Papa is reading the sizes and prices and finally finds what he is looking for.  Success in the basket goes the bunnies!

Papa is beaming on having achieved a victory!

I am trying very hard to keep a straight face as I watch the comedy routine.  I am about to leave when the play continues.

Papa, "Now we need to get some for the neighbors."

Brother "Lets get them the same ones we got."

Papa, "I'm not spending that much money on the neighbors that I'm spending on you."

Brother watches as Papa chooses some large bunnies from the shelf and in the cart they go.

Having thoroughly enjoyed the performance, I tell him how impressed I was with how he handled the whole shopping experience.  From the corner of my eye I notice brother putting another bunny in the cart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment.