Monday, March 21, 2016

Google Doodle Contest

The National Winner of the Doodle for Google Contest


This years theme was “What Makes Me… Me.”   As I looked at the winning drawings I thought what a great idea.  I also thought it would be great to pair it with a writing.   This was what Akilah Johnson had to say about her drawing.  The quote she connects with her drawing is ‘Be the type of person [who] not only turns heads, but turns souls.’ 
I thought about what she drew and why she included each symbol.  Then I tried to deconstruct her work so that other students would have some guidelines.

- 6 symbols
- people of influence
- heritage/cultural influences
  • designs
  • colors
  • images
This young woman created an amazing piece of art.  I'm guessing we may be hearing more from her in the future.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment.