Sunday, March 20, 2016

Celebrate the Small Miracles

I went to Miles City today about 300 miles round trip, to check on the rental.  Got there to discover that my renters had moved out still owing back rent.  I did a cursory inspection noting what would have to be repaired before it could be rented.  The house had been cleaned.

I left feeling over whelmed.  My heart sank because I knew I would have to hire the work done and I would need to find someone who would even do it.  The last time I tried to find someone locally they were booked 2 years in advance.

Then I would need to advertise and make arrangements to drive down and show the house to prospective renters.  I began a mental inventory of what we would need to do.

Discouraged I headed home.  My heart reminded my head to give thanks and praise for this situation. So I did.

When I got to Billings I headed for McDonald's to pick something up for my hubby (he's been under the weather).  As I reached for the phone.  My voice mail came on.  Someone was calling about renting the house.  When I called him back - he's a former contractor and will fix the door.

Meeting him and his family on Friday.  His brother worked with one of the renters so they knew the house was vacant.  I will have to ask how they found my number.

I'm reminded I need to celebrate all the small miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment.