Tuesday, March 22, 2016

What Did I Just See?

I confess, I people watch.  I sometimes concoct a back story for them.  I sometimes just observe and file away to people the novel I have never started.  Sometimes I just watch and I am amazed at reality  my imagination could never compete with.

24th is a very busy street with roads leading to collections of box stores.   You will often see pan-handlers working these side roads as people wait for the traffic light to change.

Yesterday I saw him.  He was about 5'6, with a six pack that was dropping to his belly.  He wore a dark grey fedora.  Short blue polo shirt, dark pants.  Carrying a small cardboard sign.  He kept trying to make eye contact with the drivers as he paraded back and forth.

 But it was the sign that made me do a double take.  The sign read "Sugar Mama Wanted".

Out of curiosity I really wanted to ask if he had ever used that line before and how successful he was with it.  Common sense kept the window rolled up.

This mental snapshot goes in my album of audacious characters, right next to the burly man who carried a sign that said "Retired pole dancer, too honest to steal, to lazy to work."  And the man who's sign said, "I'm thirsty, I just want a beer."

Yep you can't make this stuff up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment.